Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week two done

Marathon training week two is done, 7 mile long run moved to today instead of Monday. So far so good, no pains and even at the end of the 7 miles my legs felt good. I headed out of town for this long run and did a loop north of town. I had not done this loop since last spring when training for the Door County half marathon. Loops are much more enjoyable for me than out and back routes, different hills and scenery. Up next is a easy week, four runs of 3, 4, 3, and 5 miles and the snow should be done by my Wednesday run...I hope.

Last week I got to join Kevin on his school ski trip, boards in our case. Luckily I was able to get off work since Jen was swamped all week with funeral preparations at the fire station. Kevin rode the bus and I hauled gear down to Tyrol with the Jeep, Jen and Zack drove the Subaru since they would be leaving early. Zack and I did the bunny hill, ok Zack did the bunny hill and I carried him back up 8 times. Glad he was done cause I was getting tired of the workout.

Jen and Zack headed for a snack and Kevin and I headed up the chairlift. The kid in front of us fell and they stopped us for a minute then as we got to the jump off point Kevin's board stuck and he got sucked under the lift. I got off but couldn't see him, not screaming and the lift operator said he was fine, heart rate starts to drop under 200. We sat for a minute then off to conquer the rest of the open runs. We did a bunch of repeats on some runs waiting for the third chairlift to open, I had never been on that part of the hill. We got up there and did all the runs it serves, well Kevin did all while I skipped the double black diamond. I fell enough last time, no need to go looking for trouble besides moguls were never my thing.

We had Zack's Flip video camera so here is Kevin on the double black diamond run.

So I need practice on shooting but am impressed that a $150 camera will shoot reasonable quality video at night.

That's all for now.