Monday, November 2, 2009

Night Run and Day Ride

So this weekend we stayed in town since Jen had Fire Command duty until Sunday night. I got a 3 mile run in on Saturday morning alone before meeting for coffee. Sunday was yard work followed by a nap, the boys played outside and skipped the nap and work. At 6pm Jen and I hit the road up to the rail trail, running at night might become a regular activity. Thanks to the full moon it was light enough we didn't get tripped up and made our turn for home after a mile or so on the trail.

This morning after a strong cup of coffee I headed out on my single speed cross bike. Mid 40's and a headwind made for a hard but cool ride out to Blue Mounds State Park by way of the Military Ridge bike trail. Once in the park I spun past the new bicycle/hike in campground. It looks nice 9 sites I think with toilets and a small shelter in the middle. The campsites are accessed off the connector trail that enters the park from the rail trail. Up next was a tour of the beginner mountain bike trails, my 42x16 gear and 700c wheels really can't handle more than that. I think the GPS said I did about 2.5 miles on the trails before heading home on the road. A big descent lead into a short stretch of headwind fighting before the road turned so I got to ride with the wind most of the way back to town.

Just a few pics from the ride, missed the rail trail so two out of three surfaces will have to do.




Only a month or so and I'll be taking more pics like this,