Saturday, July 10, 2010

Early Morning Ride

Ok, so 7ish isn't that early except I got in bed just before 2am so it felt early. Two loops for a total of 30 miles, first round was with Jen along on her Klein second I went solo since she had a meeting.

Jenny goes for the emergency caffeine gel, turned out it just got a ride and dropped back at home. Real coffee is way better but from what I got via text messages she may have needed the gel to stay awake in her boring meeting.

My breakfast ride food choice is a bit less exciting, 365 brand fig cookies from Whole Foods. I hate gels and the cookies are cheap compared to "real" energy bars.

Quiet streets as we head west out of town so I'm out in the middle of the lane taking pictures.
More messing around in the street, look mom no hands.

A nice 2 mile downhill in the shade. Of course this downhill lead to 5 miles of winding uphill back into town. The climb is very gradual until the last mile which has one steep pitch followed by a pair of switchbacks.

Jenny laid down this patch of rubber doing a burnout skid.

A county park just outside the next village and the great view across the valley. The downhill from here is 3.5 miles and is way more fun than climbing it which takes me close to 30 minutes. On my way down I passed a couple I'd guess to be in their 60's headed up, hope I am still riding at that age.