Monday, June 8, 2009

Wet rocks and mud




Another single track day on the mountain bike after years of only using it to pull my sons on the trail-a-bike or in a trailer. The saying once you learn to ride you never forget might not be as true when it comes to wet rock and roots. The going is slow since I have no interest in launching over the handlebar. Slow brings trouble as well, no momentum and I hang up, tip over or both. Both of my rides have been after rain so the trails have been wet, today they had standing water in parts. I only got a couple of photos since the phone battery was low and I like the idea of being able to call for help if things go really wrong. I think I'll wait for it to dry out before venturing out again in hopes of staying on the pedals longer than I managed today.