Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rain and Running road trip

So the weekend plans look to be canceled due to rain. We had a bike ride planned but pouring rain sent us to Madison hoping to catch a break for a trip around the farmer's market. No such luck we turn for home stopping at REI and Atkins Bicycle Shoppe. Jenny reported back to Dan about the Sharkies from her post and got more energy snacks for when the rain does finally end.

Next weekend I will run the Door County half marathon, I really hope it does not rain then. I never even considered the possibility of rain back in February when I signed up...oops. If it is 50 and raining I'm not sure what will happen. I've spent long hours on the bike in the rain but it is usually warmer. 9 hours of driving to get in a hopefully 2 hour 13.1 mile run, what was I thinking?