Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trip up the Blue Mounds Hill

Woke up this morning and felt like going on a bike ride.  I was able to talk Zack into coming along with Chad and I as long it was to his favorite biking destination:  Blue Mounds tower.  He likes to bike the bike trail to the Blue Mounds State Park and up to the top of the hill.  At the top is his choice of two towers to climb, one on either side of the mound.

The ride up the hill is hard, but I made it.  Through sweat stinging my eyes, with no more gears left on my bike, but I made it.  The climb up the tower felt good, there was a nice breeze above the trees.

Later in the day, after everyone was cleaned up, we headed into Madison for errands and supper.  We ate at Ian's on State, probably our favorite pizza restaurant.  Slices allow each of us to pick a different flavor, and their salads are customized with mix-ins and dressings applied at the requested strength.  After supper, we took a walk around the State Capital.  We spotted some baby rabbits snacking on grass about 4 feet from the sidewalk.  They were so cute...